Australia has become the 26th country to legalise same-sex marriage. The law was passed on Thursday, December 7th, 2017 and since Tuesday, January 9th, 2018, same-sex marriages are now legally recognised. This is a historic victory for the LGBT community as it undoes the last major piece of discrimination against this sector of Australian citizens. In celebration of this momentous occasion, Lizunova Fine Jewels wishes to share our engagement/wedding/commitment ring guide for same-sex couples.
1. Unity – This simple yet timeless design encapsulates the union of two people. The two bands converge to symbolise a couple coming together in a loving relationship. This ring can be made in any gold colour or platinum, with the gemstones of your choice. For example, two diamonds of different colours or two gemstones which are the birthstone of each partner.
2. Galaxy – If you have a taste for the flamboyant then Galaxy would be the perfect ring for you. The stunning knife edge band, 5mm wide, is sprinkled with an impressive 0.8ct of pave set diamonds. A single band can symbolise the engagement or commitment and then can be stacked with a second band for the wedding ceremony, becoming Twin Galaxy. Gold colours can be mixed or matched, as well as black with white diamonds to make a bold statement.
3. Black Zirconium – If you’re seeking rings with understated chic and masculinity then our range of black zirconium rings would be ideal. Zirconium is a highly durable, hypoallergenic, corrosion resistant and light material not too dissimilar from titanium. The metal is originally greyish in tone, then is oxidised to give it a black finish. You can choose from plain zirconium or zirconium with inners of precious metals such as 18ct rose, whiteor yellow gold or platinum.
4. Half Moon – If you prefer clean, architectural lines free from filigree then Half Moon will suit your taste. This strikingly elegant ring was inspired the energy and sass of New York City and features a single baguette diamond set in an asymmetric geometric setting. It makes a unique and contemporary engagement ring. A simple diamond set wedding band slipped underneath looks beautiful.
5. Manhattan – If you like a more delicate engagement ring that isn’t overly complex and has clean, geometric style then Manhattan is perfect for you. This ring juxtaposes a baguette cut aquamarine with a round brilliant cut diamond. Naturally the gemstone selection is yours to choose. All diamonds would look superb as would sapphire and diamond in a yellow gold setting. Manhattan also looks wonderful stacked with a simple diamond set wedding band that sits flush underneath.
6. Empire State – We love rings with two feature gemstones and Empire State has the winning combination of cornflower blue sapphire and Colombian emerald. The two main gems can be selected to symbolise two people in a committed relationship which gives this ring a highly personal feel. It’s a super alternative engagement ring and looks very stylish paired with an elegant diamond set wedding band.
7. Grey Spinel Engagement ring - If you have fashion forward tastes and want an engagement ring that breaks away from the classic six claw solitaire then our grey spinel engagement ring is right for you. Spinel is a very rare, lesser known gemstone that has good durability and hardness, thus it’s appropriate for an engagement ring setting. We love grey spinel as it embodies sophistication, especially when set with black diamonds and 18ct rose gold. Either a black or white diamond set wedding band would look fabulous back with this ring.
8. Orchid – If you prefer a solid ring that can combine both the engagement and wedding rings then Orchid is for you. Some couples prefer to exchange the one ring during the ceremony and this stunning ring, that is sprinkled with sapphire and diamond pave, makes a statement. Our current Orchid ring is set with a pink tourmaline however we can source spinel, sapphires and diamonds which have the necessary durability and hardness required for a ring that is to be worn every day, forever.
Lizunova Fine Jewels also offers our customers bespoke jewellery design. We would be delighted to sit with you both and create your dream wedding rings to be cherished always.
Comments will be approved before showing up.